Wednesday, June 24
Out of the Blue.
About an hour ago, i noticed big black fumes of smoke coming off the back of the Rossdale power plant. Something other than wood was on fire, i would say. Seconds later, fire engines shrieking from every direction, took them about 10 minutes to put it out. The white smoke in the last pic is the steam coming off the spent flame. 


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So what happened at the power plant, explosion? Reminds me of the time, many years ago, when the Scivoletto kid turned suicidal and blew up their building (Holyrood apartments, over 1 street from our house). The resulting fire was a doozie, provided our little neighborhood with all the excitement we needed that day. He achieved his purpose anyway, very dead.......sure caused a lot of damage, although no other lives were lost. Their apartment was totalled of course, that was when his mom Vicki, and sisters Angela and Mitzi, moved to one of the walk-ups at Sir Wm. Place. I don't know if any of you kids remember the family, I imagine they're still there, at least they were when I left Edmonton 3 years ago, Vicki was in a wheelchair then with severe arthritis. Nice people, such a tragedy.....He had hep C, no cure, terrible depression, major problems.
ReplyDeletesame thing happened like a year ago there. It was at one of the plants on the way to sherwood park, closed the roads down and all.
ReplyDeleteI haven't heard anything about it yet, it was put out real quick, i heard tonnes of fire engines. I remember the kid who blew up his house, beyond the depression, he had something in common with me, if you know what i mean. People saw him as a pretty screwed up kid. I had a roomie then who was one of his few real friends. Early computer people, that was the early 90's.
ReplyDelete