Friday, June 26

Linda's Hiking Club

(Guest post from Linda)

This is my hike last week in Waterton. We had stopped at Paula's cabin in the townsite, and saw these brand-new fawns, just hours old. None of us had ever seen any so young. They could just barely stand up.

I LOVE hiking every Thursday...I am SO lucky. This is our eleventh year. Yesterday we went to Iceberg Lake down in Manyglacier, across the border. It's a 10 mile hike, and very scenic through forest and streams, cliffs and waterfalls, and we walked through snow for the last quarter mile or so. The lake is in a bowl of glaciers and really craggy mountains surrounding it.

Absolutely spectacular.












6 comments:

  1. What beautiful countryside, Linda Rae. And excellent pictures. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, yes, you're very lucky (or very smart and tenacious abd fit to be hiking at your age).
    And ten miles! I'm so impressed.....pictures are wonderful! The red flowers, are they Indian paint brush? The tall purple spike is fire bush, for sure. I have a patch of them at the bottom of my hill. The yellow one, could they be brown eyed susans? The mountain scenery is glorious. Thanks for posting, I sure enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LR is much more active and fit at her age than me, her 23 year-old DIL. She's a good person! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures, Linda! I'm impressed at your fitness! You have better knees than I, gunga-din!
    cmn

    ReplyDelete
  5. that looks really fun, what people get to do when there kids are older. My parents are endlessly partying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures Linda! Thanks for sharing! I've been to Waterton only once, and LOVED it, it was so beautiful. The only thing that came close to hiking we did though was hike up Bear's Hump, I think it was called, do you know where I mean? Randy came with my parents and my granddad and we were camping in the 5th wheel they used to have!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.