Friday, June 19
Kelowna, dirt road. Dad's Dad.
Isn't it funny how much Dad and Grandpa looked alike, in stance and such, and Dad loved watering the lawn too. I don't remember this trip, not sure if i was there...but there's Mom's second Beetle, the white one. And those two chairs in the window, i think one of them is still in the family...is it Mom that still has one?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Naylor's house in Kelowna was very lovely, and Grandpa took meticulous care of the outside. The chairs in the window? the one on the left is one of the pair of red velvet chairs, antiques, that we sold at the estate sale for a ridiculous $25 each. The one on the right is a Kroehler rocker-recliner, pale green, if I remember right. I don't know what happened to it. Don't remember it being in the sale. Maybe Grandma N. took it to the seniors' place she moved to after Grandpa passed away. She was only there for a few weeks when she too died. Perhaps the chair remained in the lodge.
ReplyDelete