Saturday, June 20

A favoured pic from Linda.

Debbie's back yard...5 years ago...Rachel and Derek's wedding...me and Dad and Ady Olthuis

7 comments:

  1. I was just wondering, Linda, how did this picture occur? You're all smiling at one camera, but this picture came from another camera? Who are the who's behind the camera(s)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful day that was, sunshine and turning leaves. Deb's backyard was a riot of colour, so pretty. Know what I remember most, those wondereful cakes Rachel ordered from some Calgary bakery, best I ever tasted from a bakery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff...there were cameras flashing all over the place. Derek's family was there, some of the Fairbanks, and some Naylors.

    It was a very low-key, casual party.

    I'm trying to remember...isn't that the last grandchild wedding Dad made it to? Was he here for Kristy's or Dayna's weddings?

    I'm thinking not...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it was the last, he was in his last days when I was planning my wedding which made it a crazy time to plan a wedding. Feb 18, 2005 was my wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's right...he passed away Jan. 25 of '05.

    He would love to be here to get to know all the cute little great-grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to add...in this pic I was wanting a picture of me and my first grandchild, and Dad just popped himself in there for fun.

    I am SO glad he did...this picture is very precious to me.

    It was one of his last before he got sick.

    He was diagnosed with stomach cancer just weeks later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a very cute picture!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.