Thursday, June 18

My Father, and my Sister's first Car, I think.


I'm just guessing, but this might be when Linda Rae loaned us her first car, a Mercury Capri, for some trip into the hills of B.C.. Might also have been called a "Kharmann Ghia", i don't know, maybe some word invention of Ford, at the time.

3 comments:

  1. Yes it's a Capri. It was certainly ONE of our first cars after Stuart and I got married. There was also a red Torino convertible that first summer, I think. For about 2 months. It got 6 miles to the gallon, if I remember correctly. We couldn't quite afford THAT much gas back then. So the Capri was a smarter choice.

    Doesn't Dad look like David to you in that pic? If it weren't for the vintage of the car, I'd wonder...but I guess David was only about 6 years old then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David always looks like Dad, to me. I kinda remember the torino, i definitely remember the mustang cobra 302GT, that Stuart tried to teach me to drive. And with a stick shift?
    And t-roof? I was a scared.

    That was a sweet car, Lr, the capri. Ford forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the colour of that car! Good call, LR!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.