Sunday, April 12

BIG PARTY


Big birthday party, and easter dinner at Shannon's place tonight. Looks like a lot of fun. Wish i had been there.


Miss Maddy.


The mighty Finn.



I love pinata's too.


Rachel and Finn.




Scary dinosaur pinata head.


The whole gang.



Suppertime. And the livin' is easy.





Linda and sleepy Finn.

4 comments:

  1. Em, could you give us a blow by blow description of the evening?
    Considering how mediocre the food is at the lodge, you must have been in seventh heaven.

    And is Shannon not the best social organizer ever?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forlorn and burnt out indeed. And hungry. Did she send you a picture of my rolls? They were exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She sure did Camille, they looked DEEELICIOUS. The perfect accompaniment to TWO meat dishes. You all are living in the lap of luxury down there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was, it was...just "wunderbar". Lovely Easter dinner, deep fried turkey, impossibly tender and tasty, did you see the picture Linda took of it as it was cooling, prior to Nathan cutting it like the turkey expert he is.
    Ham, I think it was a spiral ham, am I right? Dressing, the most wonderful potato casserole, dish, so good I had to go back for seconds. By the way, Shann, I need that recipe to wave over the heads of the cooks here...maybe just maybe, it will inspire them to try it if I rave long enough and loud enough. (Email it to me, OK?) And did Rachel, or who was it? bring the veggie dishes? Fresh dippables, lovely and crisp. And then the "piece de resistance", Camille's lovely, lovely rolls, golden brown puffs of goodness....OK, so she's been practising! Way to go, Camille, I always did that, made a new recipe over and over and over ad nauseum, until it came out the way I wanted (e.g. Yorkshires, cabbage rolls, wonton soup). And dear Shannon packed me a most delightful doggy bag, which I devoured wholeheartedly at lunchtime today...one minute in the microwave, and it wss history. Then, there was dessert, yesssss! Good old saskatoon pie with two scoops of ice cream. Somehow I missed the cake, but there was also a lovely looking birthday cake, and Jack blew out the candles, did you make a wish, Jack? Anyway it was a feast, and I think I appreciated it more than everyone else there, since I am the recipient of mediocre food here, and very little relief from barely passable. Then, after we were all stuffed, Jack opened his birthday presents, and that was big fun. Everybody looked on in great delight. And THEN, we all went outside to Shann's back yard, and took in the main events, the Easter egg hunt at which Jack excelled, and Finn would like to have....next year he will be right in there filling his basket too. Maddy, as always, helped Jack with this task, she even knew how many eggs were hidden in the lovely Easter plant on the table, right Maddy? was that your work? All the dads and mums and uncles and grannies and grampas just sat around and enjoyed. As to the pinata, Jack took a few wild swings, then BINGO, HE FINALLY CONNECTED and whoo-hoo! Strike (twenty)three! more Easter candy all over the place! With the outdoor activity getting to be a little chilly, we retreated back to the house, wrap-up about 6:30, three hours of Shannon's super hospitality. What a great party! Thanks for my invitation! And Linda and Stuart, big thanks for taking the pictures, they memorialize the whole event!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.