Tuesday, February 24

Just a slide

My 2 thoughts regarding this pic, i recognize the furniture, and we seem to all look like ourselves. Though i'm not sure which self Judy is wearing.

3 comments:

  1. Why does this picture look so familiar? did you post it before? OH maybe it was on your old blog the burnt cookies one that you got disgusted with! As you can see this picture was taken in our sparse living room, think we had one chair that matched the long couch, and another chair that had a velvety green finish, and was a rocker....remember it? I took pretty well all the pictures that were ever taken, with my 35mm camera and attached flash, with (Yes) the blue bulbs. Days of long ago.... Judy is wearing her sulky look, probably on her way out to the demonic place the teenagers hung out at in those turbulent times. The others depict exactly what their personalities reflected at that time...Rob hamming for the camera, Debbie looking her own sweet self (that kid was so easy to raise! always such a joy), Jeff looking bright and interested as befit his youthful age (astoundingly intelligent even at FOUR). Randy so sweet and cute, anxious to please. Behind the couch on the wall is my first attempt at oil paints, yes, the biggest paint-by-number available in those days. That was my start to a very satisfying hobby, oil painting, which kept me out of mischief for a few years. Took a brief little course in it on a community level after the paint by numbers efforts wore kinda thin. I'm so sorry Stretch, that there aren't more baby pics of your mom, we were really poor in those days, there was just no extra cash for film. In fact I don't think I even had a camera, not a 35mm anyway. At that time 1955, your Grampa had been laid off and was out of work for 6 months.....right after your mother was born, I went back to work, because nothing was in sight for him. That's when I started at the Lumbermen's association, part time, and worked there for the next 17 years. Eventually, after that lay-off (it was the longest), Doug got on at Ipsco as a hydro-test operator, and there he stayed until he retired at age 61. We virtually lived on our year's supply for that 6 month period...it was tough but that's life, it's not always a bed of roses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this picture looked familiar, too. I guess I was right. Anyway, may I just say that I appreciate how big the pictures get when I click on them? I really can see all the lovely details. Heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, thanks for indulging us with another story.

    Camille, thank you for your gracious appreciation, the slide files are just so big, i figured i might as well use them big.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.