Saturday, February 14

Standard DRTIYHAL warning

(don't read this if you have a life).

This is barely a post..well...let's just call it a non-post. I just wanted to say, HAPPY V-DAY, everybody! Even if you don't like v-day.

I'm just glad i don't have to work it. 300 reservations we have for tonight, at the restaurant. I'm so happy to have special status at work. Monday to Friday, 9 to 1, is pretty unusual in this biz. Suits me, just fine and dandy.

And oh, if you wanna see some pics of food and stuff, at that place i work, (if you can call it work..more like fun), check out vonssteakhouse.com.

Heheh, i just pimped my own ride. Yeehah!

(Yeah, crude website, i know, but the general manager dude who made it aint as smart as he thinks he is).

8 comments:

  1. Interesting site, but I must say the commentary on there about the vagaries of the service at Von's was anything but complimentary. Oh wait, that was the newspaper article commenting wasn't it? The so-called foor critic. Didn't find much wrong with the food, though, did he? And kudos to your lob chow, with the pinch of "curry". I tell you what was really good in your building, before Von's appeared on the scene, it was "Beans and Barley"....now that was awesome. Way back when.

    ReplyDelete
  2. er..um..yeah.. my parents took me to the beans and barley in it's day.
    and there's no curry in the lob chow.
    those who can, do, those who can't, critique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that's cool! I've always wondered about your restaurant. Someday I might see it for real. Who knows??

    Anyway, happy V-day to you too. Linda's making Kyle and me go to some rotary dinner and dance. She always does. I don't know how she has so much control over us!!! Must be the MIL status. (Hi Linda!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. little brat...good thing your father-in-law isn't reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Camille, how can you look a gift horse in the mouth? (Oops, sorry Stuart, didn't mean to call you by that equine name)....just think, nice roast beef dinner, maybe even some talent on the program, stumble around the floor once with PK and it's over! And then you go home, too easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, I'm sorry everyone! I stand corrected.

    The dinner was DEEEEElicious. The company was lovely. Nate was jovial, Shannon pleasant, Rachel happy, Derek chipper, Linda smiling, Stuart joyful, Kyle eat-ful, and I had seconds.

    We didn't dance, but then again, we didn't even dance at our own wedding receptions (either of them) so I don't think we're in too much trouble for that.

    Happy V-day everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT a treat, my comment section has taken on a life of it's own. This is both welcome and encouraged here at mycrazybad. Sounds like a fun V-day was had by all. I had forgot Stuart was a rotary clubber.
    Camille, i would imagine it's half MIL status, half 'Linda Rae' status. She does enjoy getting people together. And your GMIL's comment, well, she's just beaking off. Must have run out of confused oldies to direct about. (j/k mom, you know everything i might say about you is all in humour. If you don't get it, nobody will.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Also, i enjoyed your "____ was ____...." list, i can just see them all there, clear as..mm..something clear. Kyle eat-ful was a perfect wrap, before the wrap.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.