Friday, February 13

The post before the intended post

I had a plan to make this post about what i did at work today. With pictures. So i was taking pictures of work today, but half of them were fuzzy, and i lost the initiative for that particular story. Now i'm copping out yet again, using a highjacked forward. I still have the pictures of work that turned out ok...if you want to see them, shout it out. So, once again by the graces of unohoo, here venture we do.

bleeblahbleeblah.

YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2009 when...
1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3.
4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.
6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.
7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.
8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.
10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.
11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )
12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.
13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.
14. You did not notice there was no #9 on this list.
15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list.
AND NOW U R LAUGHING AT YOURSELF

8 comments:

  1. You know. railing again about "forwards", I get all kinds of them, some of them are kinda pathetic, those I just delete....not many actually are that bad, because most of my forwarders are well rounded, knowledgeable people and they've already deleted from their forwards. So I'm not likely to get anything that's too,too substandard. I send you what I consider ones that have some meat in them, are either humorous, or catchy wording, or of general interest, a potpourri of tricky comments, oh really anything I think you might enjoy. So heck, why not borrow them for your blog. Some days, if you're like me, you don't cotton to revealing your deepest and darkest thoughts to all and sundry, you only have strength to measure up to the day's challenges, without having to post some delightsome article to tickle your readers' fancies. I don't see why you need to post every day either, to me that's overkill; I would never waste my time like that. To say nothing of my energy and enthusiasm for blogging. Once it gets to be a self-imposed duty, then suddenly it's not fun anymore, right? So cease and desist, dear boy, and only post when you darn well feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you said it, mama. some days, i darn well even feel like posting more. impulsive perhaps.
    i edit your forwards too. to get here, they have to make me laugh. though i always love the beautiful nature pics you send. MMWUAHH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, and i am like you. sometimes it's tiring to entertain others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm here whenever you feel like blogging. No pressure though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda rae-thank you dear sister. i'm kinda glad actually i don't have many readers, 'cause i like to respond to every comment, like at ArchivesLives.com.
    and that would be a bunch of talking back. i find the comment section one of the most interesting things about blogging, especially when blogger, and readers interact in comments. i think too, why don't commenters comment on other commenters? I know, not polite...but i like it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of this is true---sometimes I'm on line before I've even gotten up to use the bathroom in the morning (thanks to the joys of a laptop). It's silly, but it's me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Camille: understandable....just don't take it into the shower with you, computers don't care for water, even laptops, invincible as they are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Camille-Your GMIL's previous comment/joke is a reference to me wrecking my last laptop by cleaning the screen with a BIT too much windex. She likes the hidden references too..would make a proficient blogger. You're excellent with referencing comments and readers on your blog. One of the finer subtleties of "the Farce". And i learned it from you.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.