isn't he the cutest cat u've ever seen. i haven't said i dont like pets, i just don't want to take care of them. Maybe i'll have a cat in the future, one that is an INSIDE cat and has no nails, I am not a fan of the kitten stage.
I visited at Debbie and Steve's house often enough to get to appreciate this cat and his idiosyncrycies (that's probably spelt wrong, I'm too lazy to look it up)....anyhow, Kitten was a barrel of laughs, he would sprawl out on the carpet, upside down, stretched out like a snake, for a little nap. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately from Deb's viewpoint, he became a neighborhood cat, Kristy was long gone by this time of course, and he deteriorated in his mannerisms.....after all, he didn't have her there 24/7 to keep him on the straight and narrow. Was he a good mouser, K? He must've been, as he only came home every few days, he must've been dining somewhere, somehow.
oh he was sooo GOOD at catching mice. for some reason it must have been the kidney's or something in a mouse that he hated or he loved and just wanted to share them cause almost daily he would bring back a kidney or two and leave them at the front door for my mom or dad when they went to go get the newspaper. My mom LOVED that. and one time he brought in a mouse in the house when my mom let him in without realizing he was bringing in a mouse. He came straight up to my room and I could hear him trying REALLY hard to get under my drawers, so me being so groggy just went and took the drawer out so he could go in there ( I thought he wanted to hide or something weird). I eventually came to it and realized it was a mouse he was trying to catch back and my dad came and killed it. Sometimes he wouldn't come home for a week so he must have survived on mice.
You know, the funny thing is this cat had no front claws did he? How on earth he managed to catch a mouse without that advantage I'll never understand, let alone zillions of them! I remember another cat of the Sefciks, what on earth was her name, was it Geengee or something. Anyway, I used to come down from Edmonton and help out your mom after each of you kids were born, since she had to have Casaereans....your fam was living out in What...Falconridge I think ... and the cat had a farmer's field right next to the house to do her mousing in. One day she brought a nice fat mouse to the back door, it was dead I swear! So I took it away from her and carefully placed it on Debbie's bed (she was in it, of course), saying "Look what the cat brought in for you, Deb!" AAAGGGHSHGHGHG! SCREAMSVILLE. She may have bust a few stitches.
I'm SOOO happy with this post. This is JUST what i wanted, some pics of other family members to talk about.(that we can laugh with, not about, heehee). Kristy, it's all your granny's fault. But that picture is adorable. Like i said everybody, if you got a pic you want to share, send it to me, at jeffreynaylor@shaw.ca, i'll post it, and we'll all have a good time. YAAYY for US!!!
mom, cats catch mice with speed, a good nose, and the final bite. claws are for slowing larger prey, while the feline pulls it in for the neck bite. that's how all cats, big and small, take prey. it's actually a suffocation, they clamp down on the windpipe until the prey stops moving. all instinct. i love animals. so much friendlier than most people.
Kyle's gonna make us have a dog someday. I will never allow a cat. But that's just me. (Linda hosted a cat for a few months while I was dating Kyle, and every time I slept in the guest room on my visits to Canada, that cat would JUMP on my feet in the middle of the night. Scared me like you wouldn't believe.
I'm on the same page there regarding cats, Camille. So friggin needy. Dogs ya just park in the back yard, put out some food, they protect the land, and are so loveable, and easy, to live with. Man's best friend. That's pretty much a family tradition.
Being farm raised (sounds like I was a fish, doesn't it...as in "farm-raised tilapia")...anyway, being farm raised, I love all domestic animals. When we were raising our family, we frequently had both cats and dogs living with us, they got on fine together, although cats were the ultimate bosses, I think. With one exception, when we had Shep the German Shepherd....he would not tolerate a cat on the premises, no way! In fact he wouldn't tolerate them in the next block....
Camille, jumping on yur feet??? How about taking little teensy nibbles at your nose and licking your ears with a very scratchy tongue to wake you up in the morning. "Because, you know, it's six a.m. and I'm hungry, Meow!"
Is this the same GIRL that vows she doesnt like pets??????? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
ReplyDeleteLooks like the same girl to me. She'll have cats and dogs someday. Especially since Lee and the babies want some.
ReplyDeleteyep.
ReplyDeleteisn't he the cutest cat u've ever seen. i haven't said i dont like pets, i just don't want to take care of them. Maybe i'll have a cat in the future, one that is an INSIDE cat and has no nails, I am not a fan of the kitten stage.
ReplyDeleteI visited at Debbie and Steve's house often enough to get to appreciate this cat and his idiosyncrycies (that's probably spelt wrong, I'm too lazy to look it up)....anyhow, Kitten was a barrel of laughs, he would sprawl out on the carpet, upside down, stretched out like a snake, for a little nap. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately from Deb's viewpoint, he became a neighborhood cat, Kristy was long gone by this time of course, and he deteriorated in his mannerisms.....after all, he didn't have her there 24/7 to keep him on the straight and narrow. Was he a good mouser, K? He must've been, as he only came home every few days, he must've been dining somewhere, somehow.
ReplyDeleteoh he was sooo GOOD at catching mice. for some reason it must have been the kidney's or something in a mouse that he hated or he loved and just wanted to share them cause almost daily he would bring back a kidney or two and leave them at the front door for my mom or dad when they went to go get the newspaper. My mom LOVED that. and one time he brought in a mouse in the house when my mom let him in without realizing he was bringing in a mouse. He came straight up to my room and I could hear him trying REALLY hard to get under my drawers, so me being so groggy just went and took the drawer out so he could go in there ( I thought he wanted to hide or something weird). I eventually came to it and realized it was a mouse he was trying to catch back and my dad came and killed it. Sometimes he wouldn't come home for a week so he must have survived on mice.
ReplyDeleteYou know, the funny thing is this cat had no front claws did he? How on earth he managed to catch a mouse without that advantage I'll never understand, let alone zillions of them! I remember another cat of the Sefciks, what on earth was her name, was it Geengee or something. Anyway, I used to come down from Edmonton and help out your mom after each of you kids were born, since she had to have Casaereans....your fam was living out in What...Falconridge I think ... and the cat had a farmer's field right next to the house to do her mousing in. One day she brought a nice fat mouse to the back door, it was dead I swear! So I took it away from her and carefully placed it on Debbie's bed (she was in it, of course), saying "Look what the cat brought in for you, Deb!" AAAGGGHSHGHGHG! SCREAMSVILLE. She may have bust a few stitches.
ReplyDeleteI'm SOOO happy with this post. This is JUST what i wanted, some pics of other family members to talk about.(that we can laugh with, not about, heehee).
ReplyDeleteKristy, it's all your granny's fault. But that picture is adorable. Like i said everybody, if you got a pic you want to share, send it to me, at jeffreynaylor@shaw.ca, i'll post it, and we'll all have a good time. YAAYY for US!!!
mom, cats catch mice with speed, a good nose, and the final bite. claws are for slowing larger prey, while the feline pulls it in for the neck bite. that's how all cats, big and small, take prey. it's actually a suffocation, they clamp down on the windpipe until the prey stops moving. all instinct. i love animals. so much friendlier than most people.
ReplyDeletethough she likely would have needed front claws to wrestle down a rabbit. debbi could have made rabbit stew if kitten brought one of them home. yuch.
ReplyDeleteKyle's gonna make us have a dog someday. I will never allow a cat. But that's just me. (Linda hosted a cat for a few months while I was dating Kyle, and every time I slept in the guest room on my visits to Canada, that cat would JUMP on my feet in the middle of the night. Scared me like you wouldn't believe.
ReplyDeleteI'm on the same page there regarding cats, Camille. So friggin needy. Dogs ya just park in the back yard, put out some food, they protect the land, and are so loveable, and easy, to live with. Man's best friend. That's pretty much a family tradition.
ReplyDeleteBeing farm raised (sounds like I was a fish, doesn't it...as in "farm-raised tilapia")...anyway, being farm raised, I love all domestic animals. When we were raising our family, we frequently had both cats and dogs living with us, they got on fine together, although cats were the ultimate bosses, I think. With one exception, when we had Shep the German Shepherd....he would not tolerate a cat on the premises, no way! In fact he wouldn't tolerate them in the next block....
ReplyDeleteCamille, jumping on yur feet??? How about taking little teensy nibbles at your nose and licking your ears with a very scratchy tongue to wake you up in the morning. "Because, you know, it's six a.m. and I'm hungry, Meow!"