Wednesday, July 8

SOME MORE SCHOOL DAYS STUFF, by emen77.

I realize these posts I’ve been putting on BLOG are haphazard and scattered from one time frame to another! But that’s a true reflection of me, sometimes I am both, so forgive me, Family…..actually you have no options! Sorry about that. Anyway, once again I’ve lifted pages from my photojournal No. 2, they’re sort of a brief resume of my school life, Grade School through High School.

A little word of explanation on Page 2…..see the pic of me sitting on the dog? That was taken at the edge of our pasture, just west of the farm buildings when we lived at Cummings, 22 miles south of Vermilion, Alberta. The dog was old Lady, she had belonged to the Scott’s (my Auntie Lizzie and Uncle John Scott in Edmonton), and when she got old and infirm, was relegated to the farm to spend her last years. I think she was some sort of Golden Lab, very pleasant dog who adjusted to farm life and did indeed spend her last years there in peace and comfort.

Moving on to High School Daze, I attended a two-room school (step-up from the previous six years of grade school), at Kitscoty, Alberta, a small town where a big bunch of girls lived in a dormitory, had supervised home study every school night, and worked pretty hard. I had several extracurricular activities on the go, the school yearbook, students’ council, the school band, Andrew, my first boyfriend! Some of those friendships formed at the dorm have endured to the present day, believe it or not…sad to say not Andrew! He faded out of the picture when he went back to University in Edmonton. DARN! Got his M.D. and also his M.R.S. Some Belgian hussy, who turned out to be the Belgian consul in later years, very prestigious position in diplomatic circles.

So, to make a long story short, I finished high school, and then immediately enrolled in McTavish Business College in Edmonton for a year’s course in shorthand, typing, and bookkeeping. And so to the workaday world, and I’ve done previous posts on some of that, I think.









(Suffix from Jeff, i put the title up as received, because that's the way it was sent me. Two things, is someone copying my UNIQUE capitalization style, also, and i've been thinking of this for a few days now, more like weeks; i wonder what emen77 means, unohoo's first and only email address, after David and I coerced her into doing email, sometime in the last century, and if i'm right in my guess that it means, e-marion elizabeth naylor, age 77. E as in ELECTRONIC. Fair warning to you guessers out there, it could also mean, em, short for marion, elizabeth naylor. 77. I'd put someone else's money on that being the year of her life she CAVED to email.)

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm. First boyfriend Andrew. Verna's brother Allan. Two middle names i know well.
    (yah yah, you've said it was from allan sullivan...but apparently you heard the name more than a few times afore).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smarty pants! No, Allen Potter's name was spelled with an "e".....he was more just a friend, anyway. But yes, the name was my choice, I just always liked that name. And you're partly right, partly wrong, on the suppositions regarding my email address. Now say it slowly EM EN, what does that sound like? right! M. N. for just plain old Marion Naylor! But you're dead on with the 77, I was 77 years old when I first started email, seven years ago. Good guess. I like email addies that have hidden meanings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny, Granny. I've always seen your email address and pronounced it eee-men. Now I know the truth, but I can't promise I'll reade it any differently in my head. Thanks for sharing more neat stories of your life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was also right about the EM meaning M.
    Did you notice i've been calling you EM on BLOG for some time now?
    I like the clever email addies too. I know one that includes the name of one person's brother, and husband, and possibly her granny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Camille, you're not the only one that was pronouncing it E-MEN ..... so was David, he asked me about it the last time he phoned, "Where did you dig that one up?" Anyway, it's locked onto me, even on Facebook! They said there are no others world-wide, and their coverage is pretty intense, right? I'm so glad some of my grandkids are enjoying my stories, and it is a pretty good way to have a look at my photojournals. Luvya.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.