Essentially, these are four slides depicting, in one, the first, myself and my brothers, and, in the next three, just me and my brother David.
First, we have the four Naylor boys, minus one head, when David was just a baby, and Rob could lift him. I doubt that could happen now.
Doesn't he look like he's having fun? The baby in question?
Nice outfit eh? I wonder who wore it before Dave did.
We did the handmedown's like pro's.
Although it's more probably new, them baby one piece's don't look much sturdy to survive more than one baby.
The next is me and Dave, on the very long couch, likely some days within the taking of the previous picture. I'm wearing the same shirt, he has a STRIPED outfit on, and looks about as equally interested in the whole affair as the last pic.
He was still small enough to be propped up on some pumpkinhead thing, and probably not give a damn.
I wonder what he was thinking at this moment.
Other than, "yoah, stop flashin' that black box in my face"!
Haha! those are great slides, Jeff! The reason David is looking like he's foaming at the mouth in that last one, is because, HE WAS! On insufferably hot days, I always let my little guys cool off in that blue platic tub outside in the back yard, and always added just a drop or two of liquid soap to the water. I had the cleanest kids in town. Do any of my children remember getting their mouths washed out with soap after a "bad word" episode? Probably just Rob, he was a slow learner, maybe. Judy was always horrified at "bad words"....Allan used to tease her, saying "Judy's a crumBUM!". And she'd get all serious and big-eyed, and say to me "Mummy! Alnn say bad word!" Ahh, memories! Precious.
ReplyDeleteCute, cute, cute! It seems funny that I "know" you better than David, but I've actually MET him! Life's strange like that. I guess that will change when we come see you in Edmonton (if we're still on for that). Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteyes...I guess we'll all have to assemble our own copies of all Mother's written memoirs. That's probably the easiest.
ReplyDeleteI'll make sure that my kids all have one, and probably my grandkids too.
Ain't technology wonderful? Granny M. wrote her story out by hand all those years ago, and I painstakingly typed it with 2 carbon paper layers...took me forever. And I am NOT a good typist like Mother is.
Maybe I should lend a copy to her and she can enter it online...?? She's the best typist of us all.
Haha wow. Dave used to be so cute!
ReplyDeleteI'm Jessica by the way, Dave's girlfriend.
He's got me addicted to your blog.
It's the only way I get to see/ hear embarassibg things about him!
Hope in time to meet you all.
Jess.
Well hey there, Jessica, welcome to the blog. Nice to have you here. Thanks for reading, and commenting. I have some more slides of our David i'll post soon, and his mom has lots of other pics i'm sure she will get to now that she has a new printer/scanner...and lots of stories too.
ReplyDeleteYeah, he sure WAS cute back then, whatever happened, i don't know..JUST KIDDING, DAVE!!
Hi, Jess! Let me welcome you too....I kinda figured you guys were lurking back in the woodpile! now if you can only get Dave to put in his two cents' worth once in a while! I have to tell you though, despite his brother's snide comment (sibling rivalry, ya know) Dave's always been a good looking dude. His whole life....and such a GOOD GUY, so kind, so helpful, so lvng, in fact, he's one of my seven favorites! And anybody wanting to get on my favorites' list has to jump through all the hoops. So there you go.....so nice to have you with us, ENJOY!
ReplyDeleteHaha. Sweet.
ReplyDeleteAnything I can get to pick on him for is greatly appriciated. Just kidding.
Yeah, we had been checking it out. I especially liked your Afghan refugee comment. I still bug him about it, much to his disliking.
And I know! He needs to start being a bit more vocal!
Yeah, as much as I enjoy picking on him, he is a really great guy, and not too hard on the eyes.
Look forward to more entertaining posts.