Actually the pic was taken on the night of my retirement party for Rose, who worked here for 20 years, up until the time I first moved in. She had knee trouble, so took the summer of last year off, to make up her mind whether or not to come back to work. She decided not to, nobody had made any moves toward giving her a reirement party. So I recruited my secretary in the Residents Association, and between us we masterminded the whole thing, made all the props, I wrote the skit and everybody seemed to enjoy it hugely. It consisted of making Rose " QUEEN FOR THE DAY ", with two ladies in waiting tending to her, and the knights of the round table making presentations of roses and jewelry to her. I re-wrote the words to the song Sweet Rosie O'Grady, to fit into the situation, and we all sang that to her. We also had three musical numbers on the program. It was great fun for the residents, and we had lots of visitors, I didn't know many of them, but the place was full, not a seat left. How they all heard about it, I don't know. So this is the kind of thing we do here in the geriatric social circle to keep ourselves amused. Kinda pathetic, right? Never mind, ENDURE TO THE END is the watchword.
I have two questions, where'd ya get the cool hat? Is that your family ring on your left hand? Hard to tell, can't see any colours with the flash of the cam. Seems wide enough for 7 stones.
Always the entertainer arent you? That must be from down there.
ReplyDeleteDebbi
Ha! That IS wordless, though I'm sure there is a good story behind it!
ReplyDeleteActually the pic was taken on the night of my retirement party for Rose, who worked here for 20 years, up until the time I first moved in. She had knee trouble, so took the summer of last year off, to make up her mind whether or not to come back to work. She decided not to, nobody had made any moves toward giving her a reirement party. So I recruited my secretary in the Residents Association, and between us we masterminded the whole thing, made all the props, I wrote the skit and everybody seemed to enjoy it hugely. It consisted of making Rose " QUEEN FOR THE DAY ", with two ladies in waiting tending to her, and the knights of the round table making presentations of roses and jewelry to her. I re-wrote the words to the song Sweet Rosie O'Grady, to fit into the situation, and we all sang that to her. We also had three musical numbers on the program. It was great fun for the residents, and we had lots of visitors, I didn't know many of them, but the place was full, not a seat
ReplyDeleteleft. How they all heard about it, I don't know. So this is the kind of thing we do here in the geriatric social circle to keep ourselves amused. Kinda pathetic, right? Never mind, ENDURE TO THE END is the watchword.
I'd rather be old and amused than less old and cranky.
ReplyDeleteI have two questions, where'd ya get the cool hat?
ReplyDeleteIs that your family ring on your left hand? Hard to tell, can't see any colours with the flash of the cam. Seems wide enough for 7 stones.