Following up on the last post regarding the artificial Christmas tree we got a few years after the pics from the last post were taken, here are 4 slides depicting various Naylors, and 3 Donellys, and the tree in question.
These, to my estimation are 3 different Christmas's, according to relative ages, position of tree and other furniture in the living room, and the appearance of the new 7th child, Little Boy.
(If he doesn't read my blog, i hope his ears are burning).
This first one is the earliest, i would guess it as '66 or '67, more likely '67. Notice the TV is on the end wall of the living room, and the tree is in the northeast corner.
And just look at all those presents. You'd think we were the Rockefellers. And always thrifty, gifts were neatly unwrapped, so paper could be saved for use next year.
This must have been either during the gift opening Christmas morning, since most gifts are still wrapped, or perhaps, at the traditional open one present on Christmas eve event.
Notice the shirt Dad is wearing. I still have that shirt.
It has onyx embellished snaps, instead of buttons.
This next one is a year or two later, '68ish i would say, Rob has put on a few inches, and Randy's hair is blonder, likely from having spent more time outside the summer before. The tree is again in the northeast corner of the living room, and Mother's first oil painting is on the east wall, moved over from the north wall, where it was in the last posts' pics.
Check out the 7up bottle, and Rob's way stylin' belt.
Hey, delete that derogatory remark about your hair....it was never out of order, never, never, I swear. 'Tis a trick of the lighting only. Besides, I was intimidated to cut certain individual's hair, by one very persuasive person in the household. To the extent that as recent as 2004 said individual would stroll into the bedroom closet and bring out the very well outfitted hairclipping kit, along with a roomy bath towel draped around his shoulders, plunk himself down in front of me, and await the action. What could I do (sigh) but carry out my commission. To argue or point out my inadequacies as a hair stylist was useless, just didn't wash. OK, I admit it....that's one thing I'm really rotten at... but my ever-loving, very pushy spouse refused to look at it that way, I was hooked from the beginning. Funny thing, he rarely ever did the double-mirror thingee; good thing he never saw his back neckline! Hopefully I would have been fired on the spot.
ReplyDeleteI never said it was Unohoo who cut my hair. Frankly i can't remember.
ReplyDeleteOuch, to the hair.
ReplyDeleteAnd snaps are ALWAYS better than buttons on shirts. My arthritic hands don't like buttons.
I also enjoyed seeing the "vintage" 7up bottle. What fun!
I agree.
ReplyDeleteI agree.
I agree.
Onyx snaps, even better. Dad had smart taste in style.
Why do you keep changing your name, ya dork???
ReplyDeleteCause i want to, dorkuss.
ReplyDelete