These pics are from an old polaroid album in my bookcase. Some have explanations on them, some don't. Might stir up a few memories amongst the family members. They date back to 1978, when Dad and I and David went to Disneyland with Linda and Stuart. Linda was preggers with Amy and they wouldn't let her go on the wilder rides, she was really cheesed off. Good pics of the Country Squire station wagon. And remember Bootsie, the cat from hell, she and Dave would chase each other, your turn, my turn, all over the house. She ran up the drapes one day, right to the very top, and didn't know how to get back down. She was vicious too, half Burmese, Dave was covered with scratches, it's a wonder he didn't get cat-scratch fever. Remember Smokey, one of our shepherds? yes, she could sit up and beg; her one failing was her extreme fear of thunder, she'd break down the door to get in the house, and scrunched up under the kitchen table and shook all over. Remember the macrame hanging table I made for Debbie and Steve's wedding cake to hang on? There it is, sold it to somebody after for $200, the only money I ever made from advanced macrame! Except for when I taught it for Continuing Ed, they paid me $20 an hour, a fortune in those days! I loved macrame, too bad it went out of style, it will come back in again some day. How do you like the wave petunias we grew in the summer time at 9257? I had forgotten how beautiful our flowers were. The one of Dad with the tomato plant in front of him, is the famous TUMBLER tomato, they produce amazing amounts of mid size tomatoes. How I long for the tasty tomatoes fresh out of the garden, especially when I'm confronted with the cardboard field tomatoes served here at the lodge. Our tomatoes were my job, not Dad's, he had no idea how to prune them, liked eating them though! Some years I even had to can them, we had so many all ripening at the same time. We ate them constantly, stuffed ourselves with them, and still there were more every day. Camille mentioned one time about her Grandpa growing luscious tomatoes, and how wonderful they were. Well, so were our's, always. The last year I grew them I had 17 plants, that was the year after Dad passed away, 2006. I still had my little garden going full speed ahead when Steve and I sold the house in September 2006.
Have fun remembering, everybody.





















Jeff said; well, it took awhile, but i seem to have seperated the many multiple pictures, sent on single scans, by a certain someone. I didn't bother to coordinate the order of text and pictures, so it might be a bit jumbled up. I HATE TOUCHPADS.
Sorry about all that extra work, Jeff! Would it be easier if I just scan one picture at a time?
ReplyDeleteYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYESSSS Mother...I love all these pics, but I need to save them one at a time too.
ReplyDeleteWhat great memories!!
OH-TAY!, (old SNL), there ye be, big sister, i carved them all up for you. (It's just it's hard to cut these up on a laptop touchpad, and my wireless mouse sucks..i need to pick up a wired mouse).
ReplyDeleteI like that one of Gramma Morrison in our living room, and that freaky space-age terrarium on her left side. Those were also the days of the swag lamps. Remember the numerous macramed swag lamps?
ReplyDeleteThe best memory is how Granny M said macrame
ReplyDeletema - CRAY - mee
LOL Bless her soul.
Oh and thankyouthankyouthankyou my brother for separating those! MUCH appreciated.
ReplyDeletelrf
you're welcome, love.
ReplyDeletei don't remember her saying it, but i'm imagining how what you spelled out would sound like in her accent.
she was a dear, dear soul indeed.
i remember something about jude and mither sitting with gramma m, talking in fake scottish accents to her, judy thought it was fun, and unohoo went along, likely to indulge her own daughter. gramma m didn't mention it, she would have noticed, and kept it to herself. in the spirit of indulging children.
when i look at that pic again, i notice her purse, always kept it close by, and the folded arms. i don't think she liked getting photo'd.i have sooo many memories of her, and the photo's are few and far between.
Is nobody going to hazard a guess as to who the baby is in two of these shots, I'm holding IT in one of the pics, Dad is doing his goo goo gah gah in another. WHO WILL BE THE FIRST TO GUESS CORRECTLY, ITS MOTHER? Double dare ya! I told you, Jeff, so you're not allowed to compete.
ReplyDeleteI do believe it's Bailley, and the one in Vermilion might be Arla's...
ReplyDeleteWILL THE REAL MOTHER PLEASE COME FORWARD AND IDENTIFY THE BABY IN BLUE, HELD BY LINDA, TRANSFIXED BY DAD'S GOO-GOO GAH-GAH? We all know that the baby held by me is BAILEY BREWER. But the boy baby in the other pic is WHO? And what and where is the occasion? Dad's in his dress-up suit, so it's a social, public occasion, either late in 2002 or early in 2003.....(I think). Could his name be Thomas Wilding, by any chance? I really don't know, I have to confess. MOTHER OF CHILD, SPEAK UP! Please, please, break this tension! Tell Linda she's right (or wrong? as the case may be).
ReplyDeleteIt is Oct 2002, Doug, Thomas Wilding, and Linda on the occasion of Jack and Jean's 50th.
ReplyDeleteWow! that was fun.....congrats to Linda, she has the memory of an effylunk! Thanks for setting us straight on that one, Arla. Those of our residents with long enough memories are still talking about when you came to entertain us....."When's your niece coming to visit again?" How they loved you, Arla!
ReplyDeleteOh, those are great pictures! I remember Smokey and Boots both very well! You had Smokey when I first met Randy, he loved that dog! She used to come out to Rob Wilson's lake with us when we went, and loved to swim! We'd drive back with the lovely odour of wet dog for an hour and a half! And Boots, she was the ultimate cat from Hades wasn't she! Cute but that was all an act! I have a cute pic of her somewhere, have to try and dig it up!
ReplyDeleteI only ever met Granny Naylor a couple of times before she passed away, but I have a very clear memory of chatting with her at her husband's funeral, and we talked about how much we both enjoy roast lamb... Randy and I were going to have her over for a roast lamb dinner but it never happened because within weeks she passed away. I have a couple of photos of her that I think I can put my hands on, I will try and send them to Jeff so he can post them.