Friday, May 15

Happy Mother's Day, reposted

There's not much i can add to what we already all feel about our moms, and Mother's day, but i thought i would link here to a nice story about a Mother lost, and a Mother found. http://www.angelfire.com/oh2/crazy1/SingleRoses.html(Click on the blue letters).

M Is for the many things she gave me,
O Means only that she's growing old.
T Is for the tears she shed to save me,
H Is for her heart of purest gold.
E Is for her eyes with lovelight shinning,
R Means right and right she'll always be.

Put them all together, They spell MOTHER.
A word that means the world to me.

And here's a few slides of my favorite mother, and some other favored mothers.





Now, we have a report on Mother's Day, Sunday past, from my favorite Mother:

MY MOTHERS' DAY 2009

It was great! even though I did not actually get to SEE any of my children, I heard from them all in one way or another....facebook, the BLOG, emails, beautiful flowers (which by the way are resting in all their glory in the common area where everybody is enjoying them still. Just like fresh!). Phone calls, cards, photos. I never felt neglected.
And most exciting of all, my new little Mothers' Day fridge, which came a bit early, but is such a little gem!. I love it, keeps my drinks cold as ice, and my cheeses are happy with being kept cool too.

The kitchen served us a wonderful roast beef dinner for Mothers' Day, and we had treat after treat, a bag of chocolate covered mints at my door, special desserts and mementoes all day. Sacrament service at the church (which is piped over to us here a block away from the stake centre), was all about Mothers and the Primary sang their tribute song per usual. And each of us received a little pot of mums, mine's bronze-gold coloured, blooming away bravely on my small bookcase in the window. And one of our residents, Ken Coleman, sang the Mothers' Day song, for all of us mothers in the crowd, I think there are only two who were never mothers, one who never married, one who never had any children.

The last thought on my mind as I went to sleep that Sunday night, was OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY! Now how great it would be to hear about how Mom's Day went for my family in their homes. Was there breakfast in bed, or flowers? even dandelions in a little grubby hand counts! I did hear what Dayna and Kristy surprised their mother with....DETAILS, girls! we need details.

5 comments:

  1. How's my Mother's Day, you say? We woke up this morning at Whiskey Pete's Casino & Hotel in Primm, Nevada, on our way to our little house in the desert. Where it is now 36° C AND I LOVE IT. We have our favorite little grandaughters (and their mother) with us...the pool is great, the AC in the house is great, what more could I ask for. I have some beautiful pictures and cards created by all 4 grandchildren. Life is good.
    The oleanders are in blossom now, and they are beautiful. Also saw some gorgeous desert lilies on the way here, and I took some pictures. The desert is different than when we were here in March, still beautiful, though. There are very few people here at this time of year, so we have the pools to ourselves, it looks like.

    Have a groovy day, all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mothers day was nice, busy of course. We had our stake conference on mothers day, all the mothers got a cd full of primary songs that all the primary's in the stake had prerecorded. I thought that was a great idea as i'm not one for those plants. Afterwards we went to Lee's parents for dinner, we gave Lee's mom some plants for her garden. For my mom we didn't think flowers or anything else like that would be good as she was leaving the same day, so we decided to make her a travel kit. Got her all those little travel stuff like toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, etc. so she didn't have to haul her big suitcase into the hotel room, also a magazine, a dvd, a cd that i made of her favourite songs, licorice and other candies and everything was put in a totebag that would be good for the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a good mothers' day with GOOD FOOD at your place! Sorry I didn't wish you a happy one---I'll do better next year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems I'm always late to post a comment, but here goes.. my Mother's Day was great too-we went to church in the morning of course and came home with a carnation after they honored the mothers present. Then the girls and Russell gave me some very nice gifts and we couldn't decide where to go to eat, we ended up going to a place called O'Charley's up the interstate in Dalton, came back home,and hooked up my new Wii Fit where we all had fun trying it out! And had Bruster's ice cream in the evening!

    Mom, did the cards and photos I sent ever arrive,and did they make it on time? I ask because my mum's didn't get to her until last Thursday, and they were mailed the exact same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie, they did get to me on the Friday just before Mother's Day, and lovely, lovely....I did mention it on BLOG, I think, but maybe it was a comment on the original Mother's Day post that got fried. You are always so faithful, and so organized....the girls are so pretty, Randy would be so proud of them as they grow up and already have accomplished so much in their young lives.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.