i'm sorry to say, but even looking at those pictures I dont miss Edmonton at all.
I do miss however seeing Granny's house though, lots of memories, Dayna and I would go on our own there many a times on the greyhound. We got to do lots of crafts and pick what we were going to eat there, I remember going to the west ed amusement park with just granny, my mom and I and they would watch while I went on all the rides, i loved it.
Are the pyramids open again yet? they were going through lots of renovations. Lee and I took Lee's parents there once and it was pretty lame, hopefully it will be alot better after the renovations.
Oh, i haven't been to the Muttart Conservatory for probably 20 years. I hope they reno'd it good. I used to just love the tropical pyramid. The desert habitat was cool too.
Yeah, i was thinking about that yesterday, people seem to miss the place they grew up in. The Muttart is completely closed now, for the major reno's, re-opens june 27. If K. and C. come to see Edmonton, they should check it out..the arid pyramid would probably remind C. of home.
Oh, Lr, in a month or so i'll go out and do a walkabout, take some pictures of E town in the spring..which is awful late coming this year. I haven't seen a single bud on the trees yet. Should get out to westlawn too, don't have any pics of the headstone in spring. Thank you, btw, it's nice to be appreciated.
That picture of my old house is just fantastic, Jeff....it's the wallpaper on my computer screen, did you know that? I love it. And yes, Kristy and Dayna, those were special days when my granddaughters came to visit, we had lots of fun in my craft room with all those dozens of crafts to work on, didn't we? And I do believe it was at my house that we all learned to appreciate "piggies in a blanket". Do you remember them? And Kristy, how you loved granny's beef stew! When Lee and Kristy first moved to Edmonton, I used to make a point of having them over often (tried for every week), and made nice dinners for them (hey! that included me!) I would never cook a roast unless I had somebody special there to eat it with me....remember we often had Yorkshire puddings! I miss those days, it was sort of a lonesome time, down to cooking for one, and I loved having you guys there to break the monotony of living alone.
I was just thinking about Edmonton....it really is quite a beautiful city, that river valley is beyond compare, so pretty in the fall, in the spring, in the summer....forget about winter, I always hated it. I was thinking back about some of the other beautiful places I've visited, and one that comes to mind is the Great Smokey Mountains in Tennessee. Hey, Jackie, you have a timeshare thereabouts , don't you. Why not think about a guest post describing the Smokies for our readers.....not many of us have had the experience of Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, etc. Is Dollywood still there? Probably just your family, Doug and I, my sister Christina have been to the Smokies, of our extended family. And speaking of Chris, where she lives, Asheville, North Carolina, has to be the most beautiful little city I have ever seen in my travel experience of north America. Nestled in the mountains in a gorgeous valley, it is truly a picture to behold.
Sorry, I'm late to this post, haven't been here in about a week... but THANK YOU for posting those great pictures of the city, Jeff! I love seeing pictures of my hometown! Even though it's not where I was born, it's where I've spent the majority of my life and it will always be home to me! I only hate one thing about Edmonton, and that's those frigid, extremely long winters! Since I never ever could get into any winter sports, winter there was just an endurance test to me! One time, Randy took me skiing for the first time to Sandpoint Idaho, and the trip was so wasted on me... I came down the bunny slope clinging to the back of his coat and never tried it again!!! Look forward to your next set of pictures, Jeff!
I will see what I can do regarding a guest post if you're interested in the Smoky Mountains, it really is a truly beautiful place and we love it there-it has become one of our favourite places to go as it's only 3 hours away from us. And yes, we do have a time-share there, which makes it even better! I have tons of photos from our various trips, I'll see what I can put together in the near future!
i'm sorry to say, but even looking at those pictures I dont miss Edmonton at all.
ReplyDeleteI do miss however seeing Granny's house though, lots of memories, Dayna and I would go on our own there many a times on the greyhound. We got to do lots of crafts and pick what we were going to eat there, I remember going to the west ed amusement park with just granny, my mom and I and they would watch while I went on all the rides, i loved it.
Are the pyramids open again yet? they were going through lots of renovations. Lee and I took Lee's parents there once and it was pretty lame, hopefully it will be alot better after the renovations.
Oh, i haven't been to the Muttart Conservatory for probably 20 years. I hope they reno'd it good. I used to just love the tropical pyramid.
ReplyDeleteThe desert habitat was cool too.
I miss Edmonton at each season, but that's because I grew up there. I love all the pics you post, Jeff.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, I never did get to that Muttart Conservatory...
Yeah, i was thinking about that yesterday, people seem to miss the place they grew up in.
ReplyDeleteThe Muttart is completely closed now, for the major reno's, re-opens june 27. If K. and C. come to see Edmonton, they should check it out..the arid pyramid would probably remind C. of home.
Oh, Lr, in a month or so i'll go out and do a walkabout, take some pictures of E town in the spring..which is awful late coming this year. I haven't seen a single bud on the trees yet. Should get out to westlawn too, don't have any pics of the headstone in spring.
ReplyDeleteThank you, btw, it's nice to be appreciated.
That picture of my old house is just fantastic, Jeff....it's the wallpaper on my computer screen, did you know that? I love it. And yes, Kristy and Dayna, those were special days when my granddaughters came to visit, we had lots of fun in my craft room with all those dozens of crafts to work on, didn't we? And I do believe it was at my house that we all learned to appreciate "piggies in a blanket". Do you remember them? And Kristy, how you loved granny's beef stew! When Lee and Kristy first moved to Edmonton, I used to make a point of having them over often (tried for every week), and made nice dinners for them (hey! that included me!) I would never cook a roast unless I had somebody special there to eat it with me....remember we often had Yorkshire puddings! I miss those days, it was sort of a lonesome time, down to cooking for one, and I loved having you guys there to break the monotony of living alone.
ReplyDeleteI was just thinking about Edmonton....it really is quite a beautiful city, that river valley is beyond compare, so pretty in the fall, in the spring, in the summer....forget about winter, I always hated it. I was thinking back about some of the other beautiful places I've visited, and one that comes to mind is the Great Smokey Mountains in Tennessee. Hey, Jackie, you have a timeshare thereabouts , don't you. Why not think about a guest post describing the Smokies for our readers.....not many of us have had the experience of Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, etc. Is Dollywood still there? Probably just your family, Doug and I, my sister Christina have been to the Smokies, of our extended family. And speaking of Chris, where she lives, Asheville, North Carolina, has to be the most beautiful little city I have ever seen in my travel experience of north America. Nestled in the mountains in a gorgeous valley, it is truly a picture to behold.
ReplyDeleteSorry, I'm late to this post, haven't been here in about a week... but THANK YOU for posting those great pictures of the city, Jeff! I love seeing pictures of my hometown! Even though it's not where I was born, it's where I've spent the majority of my life and it will always be home to me! I only hate one thing about Edmonton, and that's those frigid, extremely long winters! Since I never ever could get into any winter sports, winter there was just an endurance test to me! One time, Randy took me skiing for the first time to Sandpoint Idaho, and the trip was so wasted on me... I came down the bunny slope clinging to the back of his coat and never tried it again!!! Look forward to your next set of pictures, Jeff!
ReplyDeleteI will see what I can do regarding a guest post if you're interested in the Smoky Mountains, it really is a truly beautiful place and we love it there-it has become one of our favourite places to go as it's only 3 hours away from us. And yes, we do have a time-share there, which makes it even better! I have tons of photos from our various trips, I'll see what I can put together in the near future!