Thursday, September 10

one of dad's favorite statler brother songs, would play it often, on the big ole sterio 33onethird player, precious memories was another favorite.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, dad had at least three Johny Cash album, so he would have enjoyed this performance.
    Certainly, Lr, we all got it, from both of them. I wonder if that's one of the things that got them married. They did meet a dance, after all.

    (When Robbie got into ROCK music, Dad had a kris kristofferson album. His favorite on that one was, Jesus was a capricorn, he ate organic foods, he believed in love and peace, and never wore no shoes....that's all i can remember.)

    They both played music, Dad's was by whistling, singing, the harmonica, and the stereo, he never took a whole 2 YEARS, or is it 1 YEAR, who knows, except Mother, who will pipe in shortly, of piano lessons, she's just good with a keyboard. Knows where to put her fingers.

    I wonder why this was one of his faves, it's about a family, singing together. hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never liked the Statler Bros. but Dad thought the sun rose and set on them, so I had to listen when he played it. The only part of their music I could stand was when the big guy singing bass went way way down low. I remember the song I REALLY DIDN'T LIKE was the one about the prostitute Rose teaching the young guy the tricks of the trade...."This bed of Rose's that I lay on, where I was taught to be a man...." etcetc. Yecchhh! As if that's all it takes to be a man, sorta turns your stomach, doesn't it?

    About piano lessons, I took 10 when I was in grade school, that's all. But playing by ear took over, I'd forget about doing scales, and pick out the tunes that were popular on the radio. I was not the best music pupil, in fact I was pretty rotten. Now I play the guitar chords that are printed on the music sheets, with added riffs and runs I have invented over time, with my left hand. In fact I just played tonight for my usual audience, plus two extra that just moved into the lodge....looks like I will have some more steady customers. Don't know what they will do when I go to Calgary next week for six days!HAHA, you'll just have to suffer, peoples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably one or some of your audience members will stroke out, or some other old person mishap. HAHAH!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.