Sunday, January 20
post title
thinking of using blog again. story of jimmy, johnny, randy, jeff. we were good friends, some photos of us in moms slides, facebook. all this gun vileness i remember and lament on. my dad had rifles on the basement wall, on a rack. i couldn't even look at them. jimmy and johnnys dad had that too, similar basement. jimmy was my age, johnny was randys age. one day they were playing with the guns in their basement, johnny pointed a gun at jimmys head, and the gun was loaded. changed me a lot. jimmy was my best friend. killed by gun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I remember this, even though I had left home by then. Such a tragedy. Things are different today. We have guns that are in a huge, heavy gun safe in the garage. The grandchildren are carefully taught about guns and gun safety. They are always with adults when hunting gophers in the country. They are not afraid of guns, and they do respect them.
ReplyDeletei also shot gophers, uncle jacks farm with randy, got fifty cents for each gopher tail we brought back. i was a pretty good shot. its just all these school, theater, seems like everywhere, killings bring other thoughts, memories.
Deleterandy and i were unsupervised, but we knew the guns weren't toys, we had a job to do, reduce gophers, on grazing ground, so less cattle would get stuck in a gopher hole, possibly breaking a leg.
just seems so crazy now, with people on people gun violence.
Yes, it was a terrible tragic event. They moved to High River, partly to get away from the awful memories, I think. I kept in touch with Dodie up until a couple of years ago (Christmas cards), then she didn't respond for a coupla years, so lost track of her. Last I heard, John and his wife were running a catering company in Calgary, Debbie divorced but still living on one of the gulf islands B.C. coast. Jack and Dodie started a catering business after they moved to High River (before he got sick and eventually passed away). He used our menu and it was very successful....funny how lives are touched and changed by friendships, they were our good friends.
ReplyDeletePosted by Marion Naylor (Darn! I forget how to print to Blog! so it will have to be Anonymous.
there was a rob quinton, friends with our rob, hows he doing? you're right friends have real impact, then and now.
DeleteNot sure what Rob Quinton was doing for a living....married and lives in Calgary, too. I know he was helping Johnnie and his fam with overload at Christmas times. Wish I was still in touch with Dodie, I suspect she's gone into some kind of seniors facility. Should look her up on the white pages and see if she's still on Twintree Crescent.
ReplyDeleteBangladesh is a very beautiful country. It’s depended on Agriculture and industries. It’s have many beautiful Places for that every years many tourist comes here for Tourism The Cox-bazer beach is world largest Sea beach in the world. And the Sundarban is world largest Mangrove forest in the world. For that we calling our country as Beautiful Bangladesh
ReplyDelete