Sunday, August 8

family..mine and yours..

i have always loved these early pictures of family. my mother sent these for the blog this afternoon. from an email discussion 'tween her, aunt Chris, and cousin Jeff Morrison.

Who was Aunt Beatrice?
My mother's Aunt Beatrice was Beatrice Marshall Hardy, who married William Wilson, my grandfather Baillie Wilson's brother, 18 October 1892. They came from Scotland to visit the Wilsons on the farm a couple of times. Probably in the 20s.The rest of the people in this pic are my Granny, Marion Ballantine McLaren Wilson, Baillie and Ken Holte (my cousins).

Left is Auntie Lizzie Scott, next to her is Roderick Macdonald and his (2nd) wife my auntie Mary Morrison. I figure this picture was taken on the occasion of Rod and Mary's wedding, 27 March 1931 in Vancouver, Auntie Lizzie must've travelled from Edmonton out to Vancouver for the occasion, her sister Mary married at age 43. Think it's taken in Stanley Park, Vancouver. I've been working on the Macdonald line over the last coupla months with surprising results, thanks to the new fsbeta data base. And since you brought the Grahams to my mind yesterday, I went on that same site and found three death registrations, for Robert Graham, his wife Elizabeth Young and their son Robert, all in Vancouver. The Grahams lived next door to Mary Morrison and her daughter Millie when they lived on 4th Avenue in Kitsilano.
this is a picture of my mother Chrissie Wilson, as a teenager (2nd from right of the girls, I think) and some of her schoolmates at Preston School, Wildmere. I'm pretty sure the guy is their schoolteacher, don't know his name. About 1911 or 12. I'll send this pic to Christina, maybe she knows more about it than I do, I have a vague memory of having seen it before, but do not have a copy of it myself. So I'm not positive which of the girls is my mother.

I checked with my sister, and it is my mother 2nd from right of the girls, the girl she's talking to is her great friend Gertie Green, whom she exchanged Christmas cards with for many years.




Too easy on this one! That's my grampa Baillie Wilson, his daughter Chrissie (My mother), me and Jack. Three generations.

Mary Morrison at Cummings,this is at the farm at Cummings, AB, which is the name of the rural district where our first farm was located, 22 miles ssw of Vermilion. Taken maybe about 1919. Strange, she must've milked the cow out in the open, we always milked them in the barn.

3 comments:

  1. That last picture you posted, the one of Mary Morrison milking the cow, that's my Grandma Morrison, my dad's mother. I never knew her, she died in 1921 before I arrived on this earth in 1924. She learned to milk as just a young girl, she was a dairymaid in Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seems more reasonable to milk in the open, i'd be sure the cows were more comfortable there. sorry, i messed this post up, thought people would realize the captions on each picture were your words. is hard keeping up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. . Never let something great escape your brain; you never know when it may prove to be useful.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.