Sunday, October 18

Debbi's place. Good time had by all. And then some.

As many of you already know, my sister debbi had a get together friday eve and some part of saturday. A birthday party for my brother steve, and a surprise, in advance, birthday party for mom.
It was great. We all had a wonderful time, it felt very comfortable to have all my siblings there. first time since the 50th anniversary. Also in the mackenzie lake area.
Mom cried like i've never seen before, and i've seen her cry more than a few times, while she read her new favorite book. Bless deb, kris, and dayn for all the work they put into it. The rest of us just had to email messages. They certainly bore the greater share of the task, and will likely treasure doing it for their granny, forever. When kristy starts puttin' up some of them pictures on ANYONE'S blog, you'll see how little we had to do, but all the time we spent on it, lots or less, will please your mother or granny to no end.

And kristy with that big monster cam..what a pro..don't ya love it when people DON'T tell ya you could get paid for something you enjoy doing? Sometimes, for me at least, the money takes the fun out of it. I wonder if there's even a picture of kristy that was taken. It was so funny when she was photo'ing us on the stairs, someone said, "are we in hollywood"?, or some such thing, it was dave, i'm pretty sure. I'm just glad i got to be at the top of the stair picture. As eventually you'll see the same effect on the couch pictures. Jeffy don't like to be in the center of the picture anymore. My how things change.
So i'm thinking kristy could send me some pics to post, or she could post it on her blog. Kris, up to you. And whenev'. Sorry if people don't usually call you kris, i just found myself saying it that way when blathering on to judy and dave on the way back about all that happened. (MAN, they talk a lot. well, they did on the way down. I got a bit blabbymouth on the way back. Must have been in a good mood).

(Now that i think of it, i think that a from your own point of view blog post, with or without pictures, of all the fun would be great from everyone that was there that has a blog. That's me, granny, dayna and kristy. And then everyone else can comment, ad nauseum if you care, on the good times we had. AND, JEFF WAS NOT HIDING IN THE BASEMENT. He was on a time-out.)

I love you all, thank you for everything. (Sorry about the not hugging thing, i don't know why i'm that way. And dave kept touching me. BRAT. lol.)

8 comments:

  1. I guess i blanked on dads funeral as the last time all sibs were together. And i very much don't wonder why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it was lots of fun! i need some great aunt and uncles to be around to babysit! dont' think I saw my babies much when i was there. ya i know i could make money doing photography, but i have ALOT of learning to do still with the camera. maybe i can take a class soon and get that much better. i'll be putting a post up soon, once it slows down a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was soooooo much fun and good food. Kristy will be posting pics tomorrow probably. Shes hosting Sunday dinner at her house today and experimenting homemade cinnamon rolls with us plus doing her yorkshire puddings which are so delicious with a nice roast and stuff. She puts me to shame!Steves gone to the cabin to winterize the boat and seadoos and blow out the sprinkler system. I actually pulled off not going? I think thats a first! DEBBI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I loved the whole thing too. I'm proud of all my brothers and sisters...and when did all my brothers start looking alike? what the heck?

    Mother loved it all. Thanks again to everyone.

    Families are forever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Either my family are getting sneakier, or I am getting less perceptive, for the first time ever, I had no ESP to cut into. I HAD NO CLUE WHATSOEVER, that I was to be participating in my 85th birthday celebration a month AND MORE early! And how wonderful it was! To have all my children together under one roof, interacting with each other like in times long gone by, enjoying each other's company, well.....it was just like a dream walking. That precious book with pics of all my children, plus all my grandchildren, plus all my great grands!!! I just have to look at it with all the sweet comments, the great reminiscing, and the waterworks start up again!
    There is NOTHING in this world I could appreciate more than that book, so elegant, so touching, so straight-outright-beautiful, I thank you-all for your participation in THE GREAT 85TH DECEPTION! You truly made my day. And I love you all to distraction. And most of all, my DEBBIE, this was her idea in the first place, even if she enlisted her girls in carrying it out, all the planning and the pleading paid off, and the result has led to one of my most precious memories of all our family events. THANK YOU1 ALL MY FAMILY.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes I do have to say it was a great time! It was nice seeing my aunts and uncles again, some I havnt seen in a very long time.I just wish I got there earlier to see granny walk in. I wanted to be there to surpise her! My kids loved all the attention they were showered with. I hope we can do this again really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just saw the photos that Kristy posted-looks like a wonderful time was had by all! Love the photos-I haven't seen recent pics in some time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great time! Whether you were or weren't hiding in the basement, I wouldn't blame you. Their basement is really nice. : )

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.